Friday 10 June 2011

What is Aftercare



It is the time after the action when the participants come together in mutual affirmation that something special was created and shared. It is when affection and closeness is offered and sought. It is, at very least, the proper time to express thanks to the person who has shared this tiny segment of your life with you. It can be, and often is, the most beautiful part of a scene, and it is part of the scene. To skip it altogether is as rude as having dinner at a friend's house, and bolting once you've eaten your fill.


It is the time after the play session when affection and closeness is given and wanted.  It is the appropriate time for the Dom/me / Top to express appreciation and provide comfort to the submissive/slave/bottom who has shared in the experience.

I recall one time, and it only ever happened once, I lapsed with aftercare following an intensive session to the chagrin of my submissive…(I was exhausted and exhilarated)  but it was resolved promptly once I recognised the signs of him being neglected.  You live and learn…

No comments:

Post a Comment