Saturday 1 October 2011

Can Obedience Get Boring?


Another discussion I enjoyed reading, and so are sharing...

 

***


Can obedience get boring? Do Dominants like a challenge or would they prefer someone who is obedient? Does it get boring for subs/slaves not to get in trouble?

I think only if you allow it. There has to be a balance with in the relationship, testing waters which for some means feeling loved through corrections, there is a comfort zone most all fall in, and during this time one or both might feel that the other doesnt care as much as they did or could. So unless you talk about it, which seems to be a huge issue with so many people, the submissive might test the waters and see if he still cares enough to put her in line. And as for the Dominate he doesnt normally feel the same, but still wants to know he has control over her and maybe more over everything going on. So he will lay down new rules to add to the relationship if he feels something might be missing. Communication is the key, if you talk face to face, through msg, or emails, or journals, you just have to make sure each other knows what the other is going through.

***
For me obedience does not get boring as I am not always that good at it, so I am always trying to change my behavior or the way in which I respond to situations. Since I will never be perfect at it I will always be working at it. Some periods of time may be more active then others but the challenge of trying to change and to be come more obedient has not been a boring path at all.

I suppose if the Top person gets bored they will find a way to make it interesting.

***

I do not think so. As regulars know, my Dominant does not like to punish me. Anyway, for awhile I have not been punished and thought all was well. This morning I got a discipline spanking I won't soon forget. I guess things were building and came to a point over the weekend. Almost without warning, my ass was blistered. So, boring, I think not if discipline comes whenever she deems it necessary.

***

For me, obedience without struggle becomes boring. Also, for a submissive it would mean reduced opportunities for maintenance and deepening of submission.

But this twofold problem is easy to resolve for a Dom who knows his submissive well enough: define, amend and change rules over time so as to ensure that there will always remain grounds for struggle. evil grin with serious undertone 

Thus far my views. I am interested in hearing what slavetothegrave and other submisisves here feel on this issue.

***

I am going to try and put this into words that make sense. When I am in that dynamic of D/s, there are always times that I will push. Just like there are times when the dominant pushes to see if my boundaries have changed or are less firm. As the comment above, said dominants change the rules or modify them. I find that pushes the wrong buttons in me. It says the Dom does not know what he wants.

I am by inclination, a button pusher. Frequently, I find someone who wants their buttons pushed one way or the other. In D/s for me there is usually an unspoken tacit agreement that on occasion without malice or disloyalty or disrespect, I will do something that allows us both to interact differently or for him to display his dominance of me in a public fashion if we are in a lifestyle setting.

It is a dance that allows us both to grow and change the sensual and sexual part of our dynamic. It is about a smartmouth and an attitude that works. It occasionally alters the protocol but rarely. It simply strengthens the sense of adventure.

So sometimes when I am in that kind of a relationship, I wave bye bye to obedience and see how well Sir likes to have his buttons pushed. Yep, it means I am in trouble but sometimes to know that we work, it is worth it.

***

my Master prefers for me to be obedient. I try very hard to be a good girl for him. Sometimes I will be a bit of a brat to get attention. But Master will allow it to the certain point but won't let me get out of line too much. :)

***

This requires more time than i have but i wanted to respond before the discussion gets old. i've only had 2 discipline oriented romantic relationships and both had lasted a few years. there were definitely uncomfortable periods in which i didn't know if my submission moved me to a place that was overly dowdy. i certainly felt a strange insecurity that i wasn't a "catch" anymore. i remember it becoming a clingy sort of feeling, i didn't feel attractive anymore. i didn't communicate these horrible thoughts and the relationships dried up due to this and other issues unrelated. so i guess i have the same questions, do disciplinarians really want complete submission?

No comments:

Post a Comment