Wednesday 30 May 2012

Caramel - R.I.P. cont'd

If you think Ms Neta is a cold-hearted bitch... you have not been reading my blog properly.

I wrote a post last week about the impending death of our Caramel.  However I did not expect it to occur 2 days after I visited the Vet.  Too damn quick!!!

Whilst I was in Canberra, he died on the Saturday at 2.35pm, 26th May 2012 on our child's lap.  As he passed from this world, he was surrounded by love, and definitely did not die alone.  He was buried in our backyard with some final words from our children.  This was hard for them losing a member of the family, a beloved pet.

I was extremely upset as was my family.  I felt helpless because I was not there to support my children and Jack during the loss of such a beautiful little boy who has brought us all joy.  Caramel was approx. 20 months old when he died of kidney failure.  Too young.  I'm sorry I did not understand the signs... excessive drinking of water, and weight loss.  Since his death last Saturday, I have researched kidney failure and even if I did recognise the signs earlier, there was nothing we could have done for the little darling.  All I have said to our children is that he had a wonderful life with us and we will always treasure his memory.  We have one of his offspring so his memory continues to live on.  Fare well dearest Caramel M.  You are missed by us all.  xox

No comments:

Post a Comment