Saturday 19 May 2012

From one of my new favourite writing students...


Thank you Ms Neta,

You're a wonderful person!

Here is my report about my corner time:

First of all I have to tell you that I'm sorry, but I have to disappoint you in one way: this position, sitting on the floor, hands on the hips was simply impossible to hold for 75 minutes! As I already have some back problems, this seemed to get even worse. So from time to time I had to move my hands and grab my legs for a while. Otherwise I would have fallen down.
Now apart from that, all went well. I started with saying "Thank you Ms Neta for helping me focus", and at the same time I was staring at a point on the wall. In the beginning this was very dull and boring, but after a while the wall seemed to come to life. Although the wall paper (cream colored) has no particular design on it (only some randomly dotted lines), it looked as though several figures started to appear, and they even started to move around. They looked like some little trolls, right out of the world of Tolkien. They kept coming at me. It was very scary. Although I have never used drugs (apart from my bad smoking habit and some alcohol from time to time), it felt as though I was on a trip (well, that's the kind of description I've read from some drug-abused people). It was a very strange, sensational view. But every once in a while all disappeared and all I saw was that dreaded wall again, that I still had to stare at for I didn't know how long. Then the trolls came back, disappeared, and so on. Until all of a sudden the alarm went off. I just repeated again: "Thank you Ms Neta for helping me focus" and then I could finally get up. My legs hurt, my back hurt and my head felt turning. What a relief! It was finally over!

I hope that you are not too disappointed because I couldn't hold the position that you ordered me, and I hope that you liked my report.

Thank you again, Ms Neta, for helping me focus.
***
To this student who did this, you are a delight!  Please know this.

No comments:

Post a Comment