Thursday 8 September 2011

Journal: 5-9/9./11

Monday – School holidays so stayed home to look after my beautiful brood.  Put the cornbeef on in slow cooker.  Went for a half hour walk.  We went shopping, our son had a haircut, opened a bank account for our daughter, bought some bits and pieces, some hay for the guinea pigs, mini supermarket shop then went home.  Make tuna salad, and put it into rolls for the children’s lunch.  The cornbeef smelt beautiful.  At 2.00pm made a Pavlova.  At 5.00pm made a potato and cauliflower bake.  At 6.00pm dinner was served.  Why did I make this delicious meal?  Just because I was in the mood to cook something special for my family.

Tuesday – Organised daughter’s upcoming birthday party.  Went for a half hour walk with my son.  At 12.00pm we went off to the swimming pool so the children could have some leisure swimming.  They had a ball while I try to concentrate on them and my study.  Wasn’t very successful with the latter.  I watched Law and Order SVU most of the day.  We had pizza for dinner – it was bloody horrible.  Giuseppes.  I don’t recommend this brand.  Just like I don’t recommend Dominoes.  Yuk. 

Miss V texted me so we are going to catch up next week for a movie afternoon.  Should be fun.  She is a beautiful woman.

Wednesday – Did absolutely nothing major… just pottered around because it was my last day before returning to work.  The kids amused themselves.  I made Cornish pasties for two hours.  Damn it is hard work making these but they are pretty yummy.  A traditional recipe passed down through the generations.  After baking them, I went for a rest and watched more of SVU.  Such a good show.  At 6.00pm, Jack got home and we had lots of pasties with tomato sauce, pity we didn’t have Jack’s homemade sauce.  Next year, he can make some and I’ll make the pasties again.

I had an early night as I felt tired from trying to address a question in my assignment.  Had a terrible night sleep.

Thursday – Got through most of my assignment this afternoon.  One more question to finish but damn is it a doozey involving figures/statistics.  Not my forte at all.  I had a good day at work and everyone was pleased to see me back.   I am now home, relaxing, watch Alien -v- Predator 2.  Yep, I need some mind-numbing before I meet with my tutor tomorrow and she'll inform me if I am on the right track with my first module.  Fingers crossed folks.

Friday - I had my assessment for my first module of the Frontline Management course and passed.  My tutor was extremely happy.  The oral test was unexpected but I breezed through... well, with a little babble thrown in.  We picked up our new car today - Mitsubishi 380 - very nice looking.  My work day was productive.  Young cobber was neutered and I haven't seen him yet.  I look forward to seeing the little lop on Monday.  Got home, had a couple of glasses of wine to celebrate the passing of my first module.  Yay for me and everyone around me.  I have been shaved and feel lighter than ever *grins*


Saturday - Sitting in bed although will be up shortly to go for a walk.  My body is feeling a lot healthier... pity the weather is shit at the moment.  My daughter has gone out to a puppet show with her friend, Jack is doing the washing, the rest are cruising around the house enjoying being home.







No comments:

Post a Comment