Tuesday 24 July 2012

Corner Time


Comments from a recent Corner Time discussion.

v    Corner time is a time for reflection about the wrong doings that have been done and how the sub/slave/bottom can improve himself/herself.  I very much enjoy giving Corner Time for those who are deserving :)
v    Actually, I would say there is some value to it, not so much as a punishment, but as a quiet period of reflection. In life, we are always doing something - online, TV, work, reading, chatting, etc.  How often do you just stay still and do nothing? It can be quite refreshing and calming.
v    Despite the boredom, I do a lot of great reflecting from the corner, which I suppose is the point, right?  It's usually its own punishment with no spanking involved. Usually for not speaking up about something. My hands can go wherever they want, but they often end up crossed as I lean against a wall. Happily, I'm pretty good and haven't done time in a while ;)
v    I think corner time is mostly to be sure I get the very most benefit from my punishment. Its reflective time while my bottom is most tender to let his work on my hinnie travel the long way up to my brain and leave a lasting impression. Sometimes I think its so he can admire his coloring of my cheeks as well.
v    Corner time is supposed to be time to think about your punishment and how to avoid doing the same things again. It feels more like being punished and then sent away so he won't have to deal with you anymore. It usually only lasts about 10 or 15 minutes and I can tolerate it when my husband does it. I really hate it and spend the time wishing he would let me out and hold me, at least for the few minutes that it lasts.
v    I don't like giving or receiving corner time after a spanking, that' a time for reassuring cuddling. Nevertheless, I like it before (at both ends of the whip): it's a way of building the anticipation, you are waiting for your punishment, you don't know how long it will take and you are forced to think about it because you have nothing else to do.
v    I use corner time for real punishment and funishment when requested. The time could be from 30 minutes to an hour and I have the miscreant sit on a hard chair or a coarse fibre door mat (after his/her spanking).
v    Corner time gives him/her enough time to reflect on the reason.
v    Corner time would only work if it was given before the (disciplinary) spanking. It might then raise my anticipation level. There would be an optimum time though, I could not stay anxious for more than 10 minutes I think, after that I would get bored.
v    To me, corner time before a spanking increases my awareness on all levels. My senses seem to heighten, knowing what is to come. My mind whirls with apprehension, wonder, and nervousness. It gives me time to reflect on the reason I am in the corner to begin with, and what is going to follow. Corner time after a spanking, offers me a chance to "cool" down, tears to dry up, contemplate exactly what happened, and why it shouldn't happen again as my bottom throbs. Also standing there with a red bare throbbing bottom can humble you pretty quickly.
v    For me it is simply a very vital part of the discipline that I need in my life.
v    My preference is corner time. It is more 'physical' to Me. Plus you can add all sorts of variations depending on the original infraction - kneeling on cat litter, table tennis ball stays between nose and wall and so on.  I also think it is more humiliating. :-)
v    I like the fact that corner time gives me time to calm down and think about what I did wrong, but I hate the fact that I know I disappointed the person who put me in the corner and that they are watching my every move while I'm in the corner and that they won't allow me to talk to them while I'm in the corner :(
v    Having a spanking, then corner time, being assigned to contemplate my misbehavior, then being asked what i learned, is beneficial to me in so many ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment