Tuesday 11 September 2012

Submissive vs Slave vs Bottom:

Author unknown but I thank them for providing their definitions of what a submissive / slave / bottom are:

***


Bottom:
Someone who loves to be played with and will allow a dominant to top them but ONLY for the duration of a play scene. Once the scene is over they are 100% equals and it’s not uncommon for a bottom to dictate what kind of play they want. For example, I occasionally want an endorphin rush so will ask a friend to use a single tail on me - I dictate when, where, how hard, what toys, and I am NEVER bound because I am controlling what I want - he complies because he is a good friend and its all in fun. Thus I can and do bottom, but I am NEVER submissive. I am not wired that way. A bottom does not submit, a bottom never gives up control.

Submissive:
Someone who wants to yield control to a dominant. They negotiate boundaries and the dominant sets safe words for them. BDSM to them isn’t about just the sensations; it’s about being in that submissive headspace. It’s about submitting your mind and body (and possibly your heart) to a dominant for them to use as they see fit (within your limitations of course). A submissive is a submissive long before a scene starts and continues to be a submissive long after a scene ends. It is a part of who they are and how they relate to their dominant partner. A submissive is NOT a doormat, they are an independent free thinking person who compliments a dominant in their servitude. A submissive has the right to walk away from a relationship if it isn’t meeting their personal needs.

Slave:
There are so many different views on what a slave is or isn’t but here is the general consensus. A slave is a submissive who takes it one step further giving up all rights to their dominant partner. They give up safe words and trust 100% that their dominant will do whatever is in their best interest. They do not question their dominant, they obey without reservation. The rules for a slave can be quite strict and the discipline for breaking the rules can vary drastically. It is generally accepted that a slave must beg for permission to be released should they ever feel the need to leave a relationship – but the reality is slavery in that context is not legally binding (even with a contract signed) and no one can prevent someone from leaving a relationship should it either not meet their needs or if it becomes abusive.

1 comment:

  1. Ms Neta, as you know I consider myself a submissive though if I was not already in a non-scene relationship it is quite possible that I would be drawn towards being a slave.

    ReplyDelete